Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ants crawl in the clouded space...

Yeah weird title.  But it kinda sums up the point I'm about to make.

Listen to some of the pop songs out there.  A lot of them have a huge PUNCH in their first line.

ex.

Ke$ha-Tik Tok
"Wake up in the mornin' feelin' like P-Diddy..."


Katy Perry-Firework
Do you ever feel like a plastic bag....?    ( ok....so i thought that that was starting off well then the phrase ended like : "Do you ever feel like a plastic bag, drifting through the wind, wanting to start again?" What the hell does that mean?!?!)  


Regina Spektor- Samson
"You are my sweetest downfall..."

All American Rejects- Give You Hell
"I wake up every evening with a smile on my face..."


So for this week, I'll try to write a song with a first line punch...

No comments:

Post a Comment