Monday, May 16, 2011

play a little...

This summer after I graduate I'll be heading to EUROPA!  Since I won't have a piano around, I've been trying to acquaint myself with le guitar again.  It'll be the only instrument I'll have all month so I better get good...or at least good enough. I'll be doing some volunteer work at France. My mom advertised me as a musician so I really gotta build my repertoire...lol

Anyway, so I've been learning the songs "Wild Horses" by the Rolling Stones, "To Love You More" by Celine Dion, "High and Dry" by Radiohead, "Is It Okay if I Call You Mine" by Paul McCrane among other songs.  In the midst of practicing those songs, I just started jamming on some chords and before I knew it I was writing a song!
So I ran into my room and locked myself in there for an hour and tried to poop something out.

I came up with a little diddy...melody and chords. No lyrics. It seems like, lyrically, this song wants to go in the direction of a narrative with a moral ending. Meh. BOTTOM LINE.............

If your having trouble writing music...PLAY SOME MUSIC!  Just grab a guitar, piano, tissue box and string, and get some chord charts and play.  Eventually you'll have some kind of song idea. Don't pressure yourself to write though. Just have fun jamming. Eventually you'll come up with something. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment